Sunday, January 6, 2008

Macbeth Video Project

Ah! School returns and so do those lovely faces of friends that I see everyday, yet also an abundance of assignments and projects galore! However, not all projects are insipid. This weekend I've had the joy of making a video project based on Macbeth and, more or less, directing the whole project. It's been so much fun and I now present it to you. If you wish to read more about it simply look below the video. I hope you like it, we all worked hard!

This is a video project for English based on select scenes from Macbeth starring Stephanie Azubuike, Charles Borromeo, Doreen Dang, Drew Dixon, Josh Durham, and Carmella Fernando. It was directed and edited by Drew Dixon and co-directed by Josh Durham and Doreen Dang.
PART 1 (Murder Scene: The Three Stooges) is based on act III, scene 3 when the murderers attempt to kill Banquo and Fleance (or Banquetta and Fleah in this case). Join Larry, Curly, and Moe for a wild adventure into the woods!
PART 2 (Dinner Party) is based on act III, scene 4 when Banquo's (Banquetta's) ghost appears at the banquet (dinner party) to bother Macbeth. Little does he know, he's the only one who can see the ghost.
PART 3 (The Witches) is based on act IV, scene 1 when the witches are brewing up disaster. This is a ragtime take on it.

2 comments:

Jan D said...

I enjoyed having you crazy rapscallions at my house to make this Oscar worthy video. Yall did an awesome job!! I'm still laughing at how funny it is!! I coitenly am!!!

What's next? Hamlet???

Drew's Mom

Brent Dixon said...

This video was so awesome I dont know what to do with myself. The breakdown at the end made my friggin day.